Synergy News & Blog: News
Synergy run for Bath Abbey Footprint Project
Paul Grinham, a Partner at Synergy, has recently joined a team of 10 runners who have entered the Bath half marathon on the 1 March 2015. Paul’s last half marathon was over 20 years ago so this is a real challenge for our courageous runner.
Paul is therefore putting his Project Management skills to good use by formulating a speedy training programme to get himself race ready!
All money raised by the team will go towards the Bath Abbey Footprint Project. This is an extremely rewarding and important project to ensure Bath Abbey remains fit for purpose and is enjoyed by future generations and beyond. If you would like to support Paul the link to his fundraising page is here http://bit.ly/198Gev1
Synergy’s relationship (Bare, Leaning and Bare) goes back with the Abbey for over 20 years having worked with the Abbey on the restoration of the West Front and development of the adjacent vaults to provide a Heritage Centre.
The footprint project will provide innovative and sustainable solutions to Bath Abbeys needs including:
- Stabilising the ground beneath the Abbey floor
- Tapping into Bath’s greatest natural resource and heating the Abbey using energy from the adjacent hot springs
- Adapting the interior of the Abbey to better expresses the faith and practice of the Abbey community and making it more inviting for worship
- Installing energy efficient lighting and providing storage for staging
- Opening a new Song School for Bath Abbeys Choirs and expanding singing programme for local primary and secondary schools
- Providing a modern, welcoming refectory where visitors can, spend a little more time at the Abbey
- Creating 200 square metres of new space to provide a contemporary interpretation centre which will act as the hub for projects and activities displayed throughout the Abbey