Synergy News & Blog: News
Urgent Capital Support – Is your school eligible?
To be eligible to apply for Urgent Capital Support (UCS) the school will need to be an Academy, Free School or Sixth Form College. Local Authority Schools or Schools which are part of a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) are not eligible to apply.
The UCS Fund is available to address urgent issues which cannot wait until the next round of the condition improvement fund (CIF).
The fund is available to address emergency issues:
- A significant health and safety risk in relation to building condition
- A condition issue that has/will result in school closure
- A condition issue that has/will result in a part school closure which prevents the curriculum from being delivered
The school will need to demonstrate that they cannot fund the works independently or through a CIF loan.
As listed in the UCS guidance, issues which can be included within the scope for funding include:
- Structural issues
- Urgent health and safety (H&S) or insurance compliance issues
- Urgent asbestos issue
- Fire protection
- Leaking roofs
- Boiler and pipework failure
- Electrical issues
To apply for UCS the school will need to download and complete the UCS application form from the Gov.uk website.
Once submitted by email the school will be notified by letter on the outcome of the application and if successful, details of the next steps. If unsuccessful, the decision is final, with no appeal process.
Synergy have supported a number of schools with this process and with the subsequent project implementation.
If you would like to find out more on how our team can help please drop us a line on email@example.com